The RBC Canadian Open 2021 was cancelled for a 2nd year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. RBC had to pivot and identify another sponsorship property to partner with that would deliver significant brand exposure to the U.S. golf fan and offer premium client hosting opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, the Ryder Cup, initially scheduled for September 2020, was given a new date and rescheduled to September 2021.
In July 2021, RBC agreed with the PGA of America to become a Worldwide Partner of the Ryder Cup, joining a group of top-tier brands.
The Worldwide Partner status was highlighted by:
• Multimillion-dollar media buy with NBC
• Digital broadcast integrations
• Broadcast facing signage on structures and tees
• Two premium hospitality venues for over 150 guests per day
• Multiple golf outings on the Irish Course at Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run